Sunday, February 27, 2005

Mystery Religions and IBLP

Well, knowing that I think that IBLP is a performace based religion I was quite amused when I came across this gem in my Classical Mythology class.

"Mystery Religions:
A Mystery Religion is an organized or semi-organized form of worship promising immortality in return for following a ritual or lifestyle".

Sounds like someone just pegged IBLP center mass with a .50 caliber bullet.

My Classical Myth professor was using this to describe three "mystery religions" of the ancient greeks. the Eleusinian, Bacchic and Orphic mystery religions. Might as well add a fourth huh?

MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH (Revelation 17:1-5)

Is IBLP the foundation to Mystery Babylon? :-P I'm kidding here.. But... Seriously folks. From the outside, after having been inside. If you are still trapped in IBLP you need to get help from someone not trapped in it to help you get out of it.


LOL... I'm watching my Classical Myth class (video) and the professor was just talking about the "Greek" organizations and called one of them.. "Tapa Kega Day" (Tap a Keg a Day).. Sorry that was a side note but it was humorous.


Seabhag

1 comment:

lyd said...

Huh. Well I've never heard IBLP described as "the Mother of Prostitutes," but I do know a good psychiatrist you could talk to.